For a sports lover and follower, it is easy thing to know the progress of teams in the season. If you have always followed Football with a vengeance, know the teams in and out, know the players in the team andtheir fitness levels, worry about teams and their performances, you are the right person to get into betting in football. Betting is a natural progression for any person who follows a sport with a vengeance! While it may be a risky prospect in terms of money and time that is involved, it can be fun and worthwhile if you understand what you are getting into.
If you are new to the betting world,never hesitate to let punters Lounge help you with bookmakers and make it easier and beneficial for you.
You should know the sport:
Betting is a risky game and unless you know the game well, it may not be sensible to bet on it. The foundation for betting on something is that you know the subject you are dealing with well and that cannot be emphasized enough. So, if you are someone who just follows a single team and knows whether they won or lost, you have some work cut out for you. You should have an understanding of the offense and defense of your team/teams. The number of players available, knowing their strengths and weaknesses will clue you in on how your team is going to fare. This will help you put your money in the right teams. Another essential before you get to betting is:
- Set out a budget which you are going to work with
- Know your limits- Never go beyond the amount or time you have set for yourself.
Types of Bets
Once you have done this, it is time to move onto the types of betting in Soccer. You should remember that are several kinds of bets that happen in the betting world. Some of the more popular ones are as follows:
- The first type is the Full-Time Bet where you bet on whether your team will have a Home-win, Away-win or a Draw. Since you find that most soccer matches have a draw, you will have the option of betting on a draw as well. This is unlike say American Football where the draw option does not feature at all.
- Another one is the Down/Under, where you can bet on the total number of goals that will be scored. 2.5 is set as a standard for most games, while different options such as 1.5, 3.5 may also be offered depending on the teams that are playing. Oddsmakers will be the ones to take a call on that.
- How you bet will be to place a single bet on a game. If you go with the favorite, there is not much money to win. But if you want to increase your odds, you must bet on multiple games at one time. This will help your odds of winning. However, if you plan to watch all the matches you have bet on, try to bet on matches with staggered time. Many people use a single bet slip to bet on many matches- called aggregator or coupon.So, basically, you will be increasing your potential result by adding two results(double) or three (treble) to one slip.The only disadvantage here is that if even if one result goes against you, the entire slip is lost.